Monday, April 8, 2013

I drink your milkshake, I drink it up!

So I was thinking, maybe the best way to really kick start my radio career would be to guise myself using a DJ persona. Not one of those kooky radio names that rhymes (Mark the Shark is one of my personal favorites), but rather a name that comes with a whole identity and devout, yet invariably creepy, niche audience. 

I humbly present to you my friends, DJ Dracula. 

Catchy, right? Don't worry I have the voice down-pat. You're probably thinking, why not something more classy... and German! I considered Nosferatu, but I feel that allusions to 1920s German Expressionist films ages me quite dreadfully. 

It goes without saying that this show would centered around a Marxist approach to foreign policy. I know what you're thinking, Katie there's way too many of those shows on the radio already!

But here I must kindly remind you, fellow journalists, that not many of those shows include voice-over from a politically-inclined vampire. 

Quick Poll: Would you tune into DJ Dracula's show? 





*someone take this blog away from me

5 comments:

  1. jk. my DJ name is DJ Sexy Randal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've heard of your kind. You must be what the kids are calling "interweb trolls." Find another blog to terroize. If I wasn't for my dedication to the first amendment, I'd delete these disparaging comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally tune into you, Katie. Is your show at some deathly hour that would further go along with all that Dracula's persona entail's? I can't wait to hear you on the air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 you phoebe.

    lmk if you ever want to co-host. I bet you can do a sweet poltergeist impersonation!

    ReplyDelete